Humanities - Faculty Leader
Closing date: 12 noon, 19th June 2019
Salary: Main Pay/UPS Scale (TLR 7853)
Contract type: Full time
Start date: 1st January 2020 or sooner if possible
We are an outstanding mixed grammar school with a strong commitment to excellence, seeking an ambitious teacher to lead our humanities department. An ability to teach history and politics would be an advantage.
We can offer you:
- a school full of students who are keen to learn (“Seldom have I seen a school where students are so universally positive and enthusiastic about their learning” –HMI)
- a strong commitment to your own professional development
- opportunities for A level teaching
We would like you:
- to be a good teacher, ambitious to improve to outstanding with our support
- to have high expectations of yourself, your staff and our students
- to be/become an effective leader with a passion for improving the delivery of your subject’s curriculum
- to be committed to improving the life chances of young people
- be willing to commit to life beyond the academic curriculum
We have no age or experience profile in mind.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please click on the documents below for further information or call Catherine Wiles 01296 424781 or email firstname.lastname@example.org