About the School
IAT Trust & SHFGS Local Governing Body
In July 2016 a new organisation Insignis Academy Trust was established.
The Trust currently contains two schools Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School and Princes Risborough School. However, its purpose is to work with other schools to create a significant enhancement to the education of students in and around Aylesbury.
Specifically, Insignis Academy Trust will aim to create:
- A formal partnership of local schools.
- A partnership of equals, with each school accepting collective responsibility for the education of all students in the Trust.
- Governance and shared leadership that is committed and strives for outstanding educational progress for all students regardless of their starting points.
- A strength from collaboration that is greater than the sum of the individual components.
- A robust model of school improvement utilising best practice from a number of schools.
- A strong commercial skill base at board level.
The trust is managed by a Board of Trustees (Directors) who are responsible for strategic direction as outlined in the five year Strategic Plan, response to changes in the sphere of secondary education, and financial accountability. An Audit Committee operates across the trust and reports directly to the board.
Each school will have a Local Governing Body, and at Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School this meets each term and is accountable for the delivery of both the annual Development and Financial Plans. It delegates detailed work to committees, including reviewing the work of the school in providing quality education to students, provision of policies and guidelines that set clear working parameters, effective recruitment and retention of staff, and managing the school's budget.
The current committee structure covers Resources & Communications, and Standards, Student Welfare & Ethos. The Local Governing Body and committees are informed and assisted by nominated members of the school's Senior Leadership Team, whilst also reserving the right to call on all members of staff to assist them in delivering the school's objectives.
Parents and carers are able to contact the IAT Board of Trustees or the SHFGS Local Governing Body via the school or email
Please see relevant attachments below: